We're off to Phuket Island Thailand Today, 6 Oct 04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A common misconception. Many new divers are surprised by how tired they get. Diving uses energy and odd muscles that you don't normally use. When I was working on a liveaboard, and ate like a pig, I was skinny. Now mostly in the office, getting slowly fatter and sinking into the chair...

Hi again and sorry we've taken so long to post our feedback!
What a trip it was to Phuket and See Bees Diving too!!
Since it was our first major diving trip we had nothing to compare it to therefore our impression is negligible to any more experienced divers.

I've got to retrieve our little report from my home computer and will post it very soon.
Thanks and more soon!

john and sabine

Phuket is actually the reason I got certified 4 years ago.

My sister was working overseas at the time and we thought Thailand would be a great place for us to meet up and we both wanted to try scuba diving.

So she got certified in Kuwait, I was certified here in Ontario. We met up in Bangkok after my lengthy 36 hour flight (long story about why so long) in the middle of the market square in downtown Bangkok.

We spent 2 days in Bangkok before travelling up to Chiang Mai, one of the Northerly cities & the most tourist known for it's shopping. We did some trek's up the mountains, visited some temples, attended Thai cooking school, and went to many manufacturing warehouses. After a few days in Chiang Mai, we flew to Phuket where we spent our next 5 days on a liveaboard.

Phuket was amazing. We had an average of 100ft of vis every day. We did 4-5 dives/day, and we saw a lot of marine life.

On our liveaboard we met some teenagers from Norway who's uncle worked at the Thai embassy. After our 5 days out at sea, they invited us to their house for a few days to experience the true Thai culture in Phuket.

Needless to say, this is a trip I'll never forget. The people, the culture and the amusing antics of the locals will never be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom