We're Back (two parter)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful report Rick!

I did not know you did sidemount, or was it a recently acquired discipline?

Again, sounds like you had a great time.:D

Mark Vlahos

ScubaG:
So the human and animal remains and other artifacts that you found in these caves, any idea how they came to be there in the first place? I mean did you think these caves could have been dry caves at some point in time or were these artifacts put/dispossed in the sink/caves by the natives?

Also any idea how old they could be?

Many of the caves were dry caves at one time. We cannot specify how any human remains came to be in the cenotes. Some maybe from the result of an accident or some may have been sacrificed to the watergods.

Mark Vlahos:
Wonderful report Rick!

I did not know you did sidemount, or was it a recently acquired discipline?

Again, sounds like you had a great time.:D

Mark Vlahos

I started sidemount in preparation for this expedition. No biggie in getting use to. It is much easier for logistical reasons

A larger article about the Yucatan 2006 expedition will be in the next issue of Advanced Diver Magazine, along with an extensive extended article / photos on ADM On_line

Curt Bowen / Team Coordinator

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom