Wendy on Dewi Nusantara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Just an FYI for those who know her....

The recent Dewi newsletter noted that Wendy the cruise director will be spending more time on land, and a new cruise director is coming on-board. It says Wendy will join selected cruises.

Rats, I was hoping to get back aboard with Wendy. It's been a while since I followed that pink tank.

I'm sure the new director will be good but I'm disappointed to hear Wendy is not fulltime. I'll be interested in future reports.

JUst got back from abfab Dewi Nusantara trip with new cruise director Kassandra, Yann, Andre & Risco. She and her team found us more than imagineable. Whalesharks, Manta's, never ending reefs, gorgeous wrecks, all the usual suspects and more, endemic fish, stunning corrals. Wendy is missed but even though it sounds like the best job in the world, I think a break for body & soul after 5 years of diving off Dewi Nusantara is a good idea.

Wendy has actually charted Dewi Nusantara for cruises 1418 and 1419 along with her great friend Richard Smith from Ocean Realm.

There is still limited spaces on both of these trips if you wish to join her.

Trip 1: Alor, Wetar & Eastern Flores (Maumere-Maumere) 13-24th August 2014
Trip 2: Flores to Wakatobi (Maumere-Bau Bau) 25th August to 5th September 2014
Join Wendy and Richard on an unforgettable journey to some of Indonesia’s most remote and exciting areas
Trip 1 - Alor & Eastern Flores: The eastern isles of the Nusa Tenggara archipelago are rarely visited; yet brimming with opportunity. With a fantastic mix of reef and muck dives there is something here for everyone. Stunning topside scenery meets unique underwater ecosystems found nowhere else. The famed ‘Clown Valley’ is a site where anemones smother the entire reef. nearby Rhinopias and other muck critters inhabit some of the world’s best muck dives.

Trip 2 - Flores to Wakatobi: This trip offers two rich and distinct areas of diving: the lush muck sites and unique reefs of Flores and Alor, followed by the bustling coral expanses of the Wakatobi region in Southeast Sulawesi. We will take in many of the best areas of Alor, before sailing northwards towards the Wakatobi region. During both trips we will have the opportunity to watch the active Kumba volcano. As we enjoy our evening meal, safely aboard Dewi, we will be dazzled by the erupting volcano. Once in the Wakatobi region, we will dive rarely visited sites, which are almost never visited by local operators.

Why dive with Wendy and Richard?
With over 20 years experience and thousands of dives in Indonesia between them, Wendy and Richard are some of the best qualified to share the country’s rich and varied marine life. This wealth of knowledge allows them to tailor their trips, providing well-planned, safe, exciting and unique expeditions, all in a relaxed ‘friends among friends’ atmosphere. They will be on hand to teach and mentor throughout the trip. Be it fish identification, marine biology or photographic tips.
Together we will discover new and unexplored dive sites, as well as revisiting firm favourites. We will be hunting for exciting critters, experiencing the cacophony of jam-packed reefs whilst also learning about them from Richard’s evening talks.
Richard will be conducting a series of evening lectures during the cruise, exploring the fascinating species, behaviours and ecosystems we encounter. Both Wendy and Richard assert that the more you learn about the reef, the more you will get from your diving experience. Not to mention improving your photography through knowledge of the subjects and where to find them.

Wow, sounds fantastic. Thanks for that specific update. The last trip looks most interesting to me at first glance.

However, my wife just delivering twins has put a crimp in Daddy's travel plans for a while. I'll be back soon.

Back
Top Bottom