Welland Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gr8 Big B

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a follow up to our meeting April 30. Thanks to all who attended. The next meeting will be Wed. May 14, 7:00 pm. at the hockey house. This meeting should be very informative as the plan is to have Stephen Fischer from the canal corporation present. As mentioned at last meeting, let’s get the word out and bring a friend.

Maybe it would be a good idea to post on here what it is you are talking about and what the Welland Scuba Park is. The link provided requires a person to register and I personally prefer to know what I am signing up for before I sign up. Just a thought.

Edit

By the way, I am ALL FOR something new in Southern Ontario so a supporter you might just have....once I know what it is. My fellow divers are all for new things as well so I would gladly introduce it to them too. Thanks

Last edited:
I have heard rumors of such a thing... but I thought it was supposed to be in Hamilton or north of Toronto. This is thing with a bunch of wrecks and diving scenarios in a relatively short area, is it not?

The Welland Scuba Park is real. The City of Welland designated around 3000 feet of the Old Canal to be used for recreational diving. Items to be placed into the canal are underway and they are hoping to have a few inplace for this 2009 dive season.

There is a new dive forum where more info on this scuba park is being talked about.

Visit the forum at ww.ontarioscuba.ca

Cheers and hope to see you all diving in Welland over the next year.

K.:wink:

I am definitely interested however I do not want to have to join and log onto another forum to get the information. I will wait until it is available on a website or here. Thanks for confirming it is real though.

scubasteve, it's not such a big deal to join another board, is it?

I've lost track of all the boards I'm on.

scubasteve, it's not such a big deal to join another board, is it?

I've lost track of all the boards I'm on.

Is it a big deal? Not really. What I have a problem with is HAVING to do this to get a bit of information. Quite frankly, I think I already belong to that site but am obviously not active in it because I do not know for sure.....I am active in 2 boards only (SB and a photography board). I have no interest in joining tons of boards simply to join. To me it seems like this Welland Scuba Park is a protected secret the way the information seems to be held tightly and not shared. If I never get to dive it because I will not agree to sign on to a board because it is the only way someone will share information, then I suppose I lose out but am OK with it.

If someone chooses to post information here or links to pages or whatever (I have not bothered to do much of a search), then perhaps many will get to benefit. If not, you guys that do join the board to get the information will have the water to yourself.

Scubasteve we are not trying to be secretive at all with the scuba park the meeting are open to anybody that wants to come and anybody can contribute its a totally volenter operation with a budget supplied buy the city/wrcc just that the hosting for the forum for the park was combined with this new board due to the inactivity of the old one that was .just for the park . So if you dont want to join the board i can post them here but for meeting notes and etc.. its all posted on scubaontario.com .We are just trying to creat a board that for this end of the lake and no affiliated with any shop or group

If you have any question about the scuba park you can pm me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom