Well ... this is getting expensive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and for what it is worth, I hate when people say "Wow! That's a great picture. You must have an amazing camera!"
Every now and then the unintended slight is hilarious. I was with a photographer who was overly proud of his digital Hasselblad. He held that over everyone on the boat, then when a noobie tech diver said almost the same thing, attributing the quality of the image to the camera and not to this guy, it was all I could do to not bust out loud laughing. My under-the-breath snicker brought the eyes of death as it was. It's one thing to love the gear, as you obviously do, but it's another to use that gear like a club to show superiority, as you obviously don't!

BTW. I'll be in Vegas for DEMA this year. I might just drive as I want to head over to Utah and look for Trilobytes while I'm out there. My kind of fun! :D I'll be bringing the GoPros and my trusty Samsung S9 plus to document the trip. I'm sure I won't be producing images like yours, but I'll get a kick out of them. :D

As long as you're going to be near Page..3ish hours to Chinle..

Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Chinle, Arizona

dustin_george_canyon_de_chelly.jpg

Well ... I got a phone call from my local camera shop yesterday. My brand new Sony A7iii got dropped off yesterday morning as was available for pick up.

Yesterday afternoon, I became one of the first people in Canada to own an A7iii. :)

Now, I have to learn how to use it effectively before I go on my Road Trip.

Well, I have found a short term effective work around for my computer v Photo Editing Software dilemma (the long term fix will have to be a new computer).

My "ancient" 2009 iMac will actually run the free download version of Capture One Express for Sony and Luminar. This will give me the capability to Import do some quick editing and culling with Capture One Express and then my "real" editing in Luminar.

This will give me a workflow very similar to what I used in Lightroom, with the big difference being that after I cull my pics, I will switch the software. Once Luminar comes out with their Cataloging function (digital asset management), I will (should) be able to do it all in Luminar.

As a side note, due to a sudden illness of a family member, it looked as though I would be cancelling my road trip, Unfortunately, things happened on a very rapid timeline and now I will be able to take the trip as scheduled. (I need it now to clear my head in addition to learning the new A7iii.)

Love the photos and respect to the guy timing the photos to get the sun just right! Brought back memories of hiking these paths years ago!

Oh, and for what it is worth, I hate when people say "Wow! That's a great picture. You must have an amazing camera!"

You would never say to a chef "Wow! That was a great meal. You must have an amazing oven!" :rofl3:

In my mind the difference is that a great chef could probably cook a great meal in a crappy oven but it's not so easy to take a great picture with a crappy camera :wink:

Love the photos and respect to the guy timing the photos to get the sun just right! Brought back memories of hiking these paths years ago!
Are you my ex-wife?

Back
Top Bottom