Well, it sure didn't take long. Bomb threat at my son's HS today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
He called me from the middle school where they were evacuated to. Gee, why would someone try to emulate the gunman at V Tech? Only because his face is plastered all over the place and everyone wants to get famous like him? I wonder if all this school violence would stop if no one paid attention.

When I was in high school back in the last millennium I was asked to answer the phone for a few minutes. I was there for about 7 minutes and had 4 phone calls to answer. One was for directions and the other three were bomb threats. They had a spiral notebook there to record any details about the calls. It had lots of entries. The secretary did say that day was a more active day than normal.

This is scarey, and I believe the media coverage is making it worse. But I am a dittohead, what do I know. :wink:

dlndavid:
This is scarey, and I believe the media coverage is making it worse. But I am a dittohead, what do I know. :wink:
:rofl3: Well, at least I know what that means now.

We also had a bomb threat at one of our high schools yeterday!:( School was evacuated, but found nothing.

When I was in high school we started getting a rash of bomb threats (1986 or 1987). They would sweep the gym for bombs then send us all in there while they searched the rest of our high school section (kindergarten through 12th grade in one building), I have no clue what they did with the little kids. One day they managed to trace one of the calls, it was coming from the payphone outside the elementary office. The guy who sat behind me in chemistry worked in that office during study hall and was calling in the bomb threats. I don't know what ever happened to him but he wasn't in chemistry any more. He was an odd bird but I never would have expected that out of him; I was one of the few people he would actually have a conversation with.

Hopefully the punishment for those caught making the bomb threats will be severe enough to deter others.
Ber

At my daughter's high school there have been Columbine type threats for shootings to occur on the anniversity date.

The kids knew who was doing it and turned the guy in. He didn't believe they would turn him in. Well duh! Good for them.

Ber Rabbit:
When I was in high school we started getting a rash of bomb threats (1986 or 1987). They would sweep the gym for bombs then send us all in there while they searched the rest of our high school section (kindergarten through 12th grade in one building), I have no clue what they did with the little kids. One day they managed to trace one of the calls, it was coming from the payphone outside the elementary office. The guy who sat behind me in chemistry worked in that office during study hall and was calling in the bomb threats. I don't know what ever happened to him but he wasn't in chemistry any more. He was an odd bird but I never would have expected that out of him; I was one of the few people he would actually have a conversation with.

Hopefully the punishment for those caught making the bomb threats will be severe enough to deter others.
Ber

And you now work in a Post Office? :11: :confused:

Oops, I forgot to cram for todays test. BOMB THREAT. I'm sure most of them are called in for the same reason that people pull the fire alarm. You get a guarenteed reaction, I'm sure whoever does it thinks it's hilarious.

SkullDeformity:
Oops, I forgot to cram for todays test. BOMB THREAT. I'm sure most of them are called in for the same reason that people pull the fire alarm. You get a guarenteed reaction, I'm sure whoever does it thinks it's hilarious.
I know last year during finals, a freshman girl made a bomb threat. I'm assuming she hadn't studied for some of her finals. They caught her. Oddly enough, she went against type. Female and Asian background. I kept telling everyone, "It wasn't my kid. He doesn't care about school enough.":rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom