Welcome to the Atomic Aquatics Forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Janlab....I have been away for a few days. I have not heard anything about a wrist version yet! And I stress, YET! I am pretty sure this is in the works for us....Our Cobalt Techs are always up to something. Once I hear something, I will make sure to post directly into this forum and will create a new forum for the annoucement. Sorry for the delay all!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Will a M1 Cave ring fit other atomic regs? I have a b2 and ST1 and was wondering if I could put one on those regs? it seems to be the same size. If not - why? Thanks, Carl

Last edited:
Hi Carl....The Cave ring is only designed for the M1....The case is the same for all of our regulators, but the front cover is different with all of them. The M1 has a much larger front cover than the B2 and ST1...the size is what makes the cave ring fit. The B2/ST1 has a more sleek design than the M1.

Ryan

Hi Carl....The Cave ring is only designed for the M1....The case is the same for all of our regulators, but the front cover is different with all of them. The M1 has a much larger front cover than the B2 and ST1...the size is what makes the cave ring fit. The B2/ST1 has a more sleek design than the M1.

Ryan

But it will fit the others just not a sleek? I'm confused? Will it damage the other regs if I put one on?

Hello Sirpooh! We have been working to have this update available soon. There is not an ETA available at this time but I will update this post as soon as I hear something.

Ryan

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 AM ----------

It just will not fit on any other regulator but the M1.

Ryan

The Cave ring is only designed for the M1 front cover. The case is the same for all of our regulators, but the front cover is different with all of them. The M1 has a much larger front cover than the B2 and ST1 the size is what makes the cave ring fit. The B2/ST1 has a more sleek design than the M1.

The key point is that the cave ring fits only the M1 purge (front) cover but because the cases are all the same you can put the complete assembly (cave ring and M1 purge cover) on any reg. So if you do not mind your second stages being labeled as a M1 go for it. Which is what I did, put them on Z2 second stages which other than the purge cover are the same as a M1.

When can we expect a Mac 10.8.x update for the Cobalt log? Thanks.

Sorry, just saw this now.

If you are asking about the firmware update tool, this turned out to be more difficult than anticipated, but we have a new person working on it and we finally seem to be getting the issues sorted out- Apple made some changes that made flashing the firmware a lot more problematic.

But if you mean for Dive Log software, there is no problem with 10.8- both MacDive
MacDive
and Dive Log Manager
Dive Log Manager
will download dives from the Cobalt under 10.6 or later.

Ron

Have had my (second) Cobalt for a few weeks now and have been using it in pool and outdoor cold water sessions. My first dive computer and now spare was a PP2.1 The first Cobalt went berserk the moment I hit the first dive in the first session. Luckily, I had my B.U.D., dive watch and have now picked up a small PSI gauge on short hose for back-up. One of the fellow divers from the LDS was there, took it and replaced me with a new one the following week. Anyway, I think it's great! Love the easy set-up and ease of getting info and the compass works pretty good although a little latent. I was wondering if there is a possibilty in any future updates for making the screen go widthwise as opposed to lenghtwise, then you could actually tender the cobalt to your arm like a wrist model and even use the compass in a traditional style. Just wondering.​

.... I was wondering if there is a possibilty in any future updates for making the screen go widthwise as opposed to lenghtwise, then you could actually tender the cobalt to your arm like a wrist model and even use the compass in a traditional style. Just wondering.​
It's unlikely for this model, as it would be a major firmware revision involving changing a lot of screens- a very large task. I do know one person who mounts his Cobalt on his wrist using a pair of bungee cords, inside, where you would take a pulse. In that orientation the existing portrait orientation and the compass work great and his hose routes out of the way. It looked pretty slick to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom