Welcome to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dnhill:
Natasha,

Thanks for the work you do.

dnhill

Thank you. That was very sweet of you. However, I can't take all the credit. All the moderators work very hard. I'll pass on your nice words.

Natasha:
Charlie:
I thought of that, but I'm afraid there won't be many posts in Mexico left, if we do that.
Also, I think Cozumel has earned it's right to stand alone.

Well, OK, it's your board and you can do what you want. If 'twere mine, however, I would separate out the whole Yucatan region from the rest of Mexico, and if there weren't enough other posts to justify a Mexico board (apart from the Yucatan), then I would leave things as they were before.

If what you say is true (that there are not enough non-Yucatan Mexico posts to support a separate forum), then what you have done, essentially, is split the Mexico forum into "Cozumel" and "the rest of the Yucatan". The thing is, a lot of the discussion in the old Mexico forum was about Cozumel AND the rest of the Yucatan. I think a lot of folks coming here asking about Cozumel serendipitously found out about a lot of other stuff that's just a ferry ride and maybe a short land trip away from Coz from the info in the forum.

I think that perhaps you are looking only at how to divide the forum based on the number of posts you anticipate in each split without considering the logic of what posts should stay together. Under the new regime, if I want to ask about taking a side trip to the cenotes from Cozumel, which forum do I visit; is my question about Cozumel or about the mainland? Your stated policy expressly forbids asking the same question in two forums, so what do I do?

Did you ask us (the folks that use this forum) what we thought about this? I'm sorry if you did and I missed it (or if I didn't miss it but I've forgotten...). Personally, I don't think that there was anything particularly wrong with the way it was.

Hi ggun:
I'm sure no matter what we do at scuba board, we can't make everyone happy. And several will have a view on how they would do it.

I take into account PMs I have recieved, and look at what forums have the most amount of posts on one subject, when deciding if we need a new forum.

Hence, several of the equipment forums being split, women's concerns, non diving, ect. all having their own forums.

Cozumel has the most posts for Mexico.
I think anyone wanting to go there, can easily find their answers in Cozumel's own forum.
Yes, of course you're right, not all the answers will be there. If someone is going across to Playa, they may have to look in both forums for their answers.

If you're not sure which forum to post in, don't worry about it.
It's not rocket science here. Just do your best. If we feel it was posted in a forum and it needs to be moved to another, to get you the most answers, we will move it.

Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom