Weird Veo 3.0 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless Oceanic changed the SPG design in the past couple years, the SPG will come out of the boot - though those VEO boots are pretty stiff. I had a Veo 250 and the SPG came out, but the "naked" plastic SPG seemed pretty weak. I'd follow the direction above and sell the SPG with console and replace it with a brass n glass SPG.

It was a pain to get the SPG out, but it's doable. Put it in a hot room, warm water, or upsidedown in the sun on a warm day and the boot will get a bit more flexable. If you don't want to save the boot, a sharp knife works.

I don't know about the 3, but my Veo200 had a wire pin all the way through the boot which engaged a hole in the computer. the SPG dosen't have anything since it is attached to the hose.

I am mostly using the 1 peice wristband and bare SPG. On another set of regs I have a console with SPG and analog depth gauge, should you want to fill the slot.

Bob
----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom