Weighting Q?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a A7R2 with an Ikleite housing. I wanted to test the housing in the pool for boyancy and it was floating. I did not have the Camera in the housing but it also was fresh water and most of my dives will be salt. Do you thin I need to add boyancy float arms? In the picture below the only thing added for the water was a Sola 2500 light.

IMG_5151_zps0i27yhtd.jpg

It has been my experience that my camera buoyancy doesn't change enough to even notice between fresh water and salt water. A camera doesn't displace enough water to really matter is my SWAG at why this is the case.

Why did you do your check without the body in the housing? IMO - put it together as if you're going diving with it. Batteries, cables, camera, lenses, everything.

Put everything together and then see. Chances are with the camera and lens you'll want floats, but possibly not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom