Weight Pockets with Cinch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an eclipse 40 with the horizontal-mount weight pockets (hold about 6 lbs each side). This model of pocket has a hard contoured plastic plate that bends where your hips are. They attach to the harness with a triglide that locks them in place.

I want to add the cinch harness to my eclipse. I really liked it.

Will these weight pockets still be useable with the cinch? What about their interaction or conflict with the cannister light adapter?

Do I need to sell these and get the new smaller ones (ACB 10)?

Guy

Hello Guy,
The older style ACB 12 horizontal pockets will not work with the Cinch. The new vertical ACB 10 allow easy use of the adjustment. Neither pocket works with the light adapter in it's place. So depending on how much weight you wear you may need to add a trim weight pocket to the tank strap. If you need more information feel free to call me at 800 425 2966 x 305

Ken

I have an eclipse 40 with the horizontal-mount weight pockets (hold about 6 lbs each side). This model of pocket has a hard contoured plastic plate that bends where your hips are. They attach to the harness with a triglide that locks them in place.

I want to add the cinch harness to my eclipse. I really liked it.

Will these weight pockets still be usable with the cinch? What about their interaction or conflict with the canister light adapter?

Do I need to sell these and get the new smaller ones (ACB 10)?

Guy

Like Ken said, those pockets will not work especially if you plan on using a Can Light. In order use a can light & move the weight around, you can use the 6lbs weight insert (if you don't already have it) and 5lbs Trim Weight Pockets (sold in a pair).

10.111.006-2T.jpg

Halcyon_6 Lbs Convertible Weight Insert

12.321.005-2.jpg

Halcyon Trim Weight Pockets

If you are not using a Can Light then here are the pockets that work:
HAL-12.100.010-2T.jpg

Halcyon Integrated Weight Pockets

Let me know if you need help with this or if you have any other questions.

Ken,

Thanks very much for your response. I have another question. I plan to use the cinch adjustment on the left side, for doffing and donning when in the water. The right side can stay fixed in place once I fit it (unless the cinch just won't work this way). Could I use the ACB 10 weight pocket and the light adapter on the right and just the weight pocket on the left?

I like to have about 6-10 pounds total ditchable and this would work for me. I am posting this instead of calling in case other people have a similar question.

Guy

You can fix it with a tri glide.

My harness slides perfectly through horizontal pockets with a can on
one side and a stage on the other, not that I slide much with a stage.

Considering you may wish to lock one side of your webbing off
I would implore you to also consider having the cinch kit in your
hands to weigh up your options before obtaining extra items
which will more than likely be superfluous to your needs.

Unless you have a 20" waist

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom