Weight & Luggage Limitations on flights to the Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While it's fresh and I have fast internet (I'm sitting in the Guayaquil airport), I checked in 73 pounds (just over 33 kilos) in 2 bags this morning and Tame charged me $19.62 overweight charges. The minute I heard how much, I remembered that is the same amount they charged me last time...as well as a friend with me. Don't remember how much weight either of us had then (last November), but curious that it would cost the same.

Tammy...I am again in the Guayaquil airport and checked in overweight. This time I actually asked. Yes, the limit is 20 kilos, however, the price of overweight varies based on where you fly from. I come from Cuenca, so the price I quoted earlier is double...as in two legs of a trip (Cuenca-Guayaquil...Guayaquil to Galapagos)...at $1.47 per extra kilo. So, from Guayaquil or Quito, it will be about $.80 cents per kilo extra..which is roughly $4.00 per 10 pounds overweight. Pretty good deal, no?

And 2 bags is no problem. They don't weigh your hand luggage...at least not in my experience so far.

Thank you. From my understanding we are flying into & out of Quito. At this point, I am planning on packing most of my primary gear in my carry- on, with the exception of my BC. I do thank you for the information & can't wait to see your beautiful country & the gem of islands you have!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom