Weight difference between a Torus 35 and a Torus 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
Tobin,

What are the dry weights for the Torus 17 and Torus 35 wings? I am considering getting a 17 for tropical vacations, but I'm wondering how much luggage weight I am saving for $300.

Love my rig.

Thank you,
David

Tobin,

What are the dry weights for the Torus 17 and Torus 35 wings? I am considering getting a 17 for tropical vacations, but I'm wondering how much luggage weight I am saving for $300.

Love my rig.

Thank you,
David

David,

You would save ~1/2 lbs. between a Torus 35 and Torus 17. The TTW saves about 1 lbs.

Keep in mind that all wings have fittings, and a fill hose and a power inflator, and these are a significant portion of the total weight.

The real reason to get a smaller wing for tropical diving is smaller wings are easier to dive.

Tobin

Thanks for the info. I'll hold off on a smaller wing, since the 35 dives well enough. I will be buying a Kydex backplate, though.

FYI, I was at a trade show for medical device manufacturing, which is my profession. Kydex had a booth and the lady there knew who you were. She said that you had sent them a sample of a backplate to show what you were doing with Kydex.

Thanks again,
David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom