weight belt pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using the XS Scuba pockets on a rubber weight belt with the Trident wire buckle (http://www.tridentdive.com/Export304.htm). I have been thinking about switching to hard weights so it will be easier to use belt keeper things to keep the weights in place so I don't have to readjust after I pick the belt up and the weights all slide around. This may be seen as an advantage as with the XS Scuba pockets you can slide them around during the dive to adjust where the weights are on you. I have a pretty good idea of where I want mine, so now I just want to lock them in.

XS Scuba belt here, too. Also re-mounted on a rubber belt. GREAT combo. And very handy for swapping weight configs between wet and dry.

Use vinyl-coated hard weights if you can. I can see how soft weights might slip out, but no way hard weights are getting out without opening the velcro flap. (note: I've never read any reports of this happening)

I use Aqua Black Vinyl Coated Lead Weights which I can buy retail locally at Sport Chalet, a major sporting goods chain out here, but if you can't find them locally, online works too, albeit at a cost.

Back
Top Bottom