Weight Belt OR Weight Pockets on Waist Belt Webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have slide a hard weight (4 or 5 lbs with the strap only through 1 slot) up against the plate on the canister side. Works fine, the canister + can buckle holds it back there snug. That was not my ideal, but I needed more weight for Cave2 and only had my AL plate with me.

Generally speaking, I like the feel of the waist area without clutter. No ABC pockets, can light all the way back, definately no add on pockets. So outside of cave diving, I use a weight belt sometimes in combination with V-weights on my doubles. I don't add any weight to my single rig, doesn't do anything for me on land or in the water.

I kind of like the weight pockets also because it makes swapping weights in/out a lot easier. The Zipper type weight belts are like this too. If I'm doing a weight check or whatever, I don't need to take the whole belt off and unthread all the weights to put an extra 2lbs.

I have used the XS scuba pouches a bunch. I prefer them most on the rear cambands, top and bottom. It makes adjustment of the bands a little more cumbersome, but I have the SP bands, and they only need to be adjusted when switching tank diameters.

I've also use them on the waist belt. I put a keeper on to keep them put. I don't notice them behind me, and they don't interfere with my can light, but they are also pretty hard to get to without taking the rig off. Even your buddy would have a hard time I'd imagine.

Tom

Thk U Colliam & TSandM!
Yes, i did noticed that when i had d pouches (2lbs @) on my upper camband (Yes, single tank) I tend 2 roll sometimes. & when i transfered them 2 my waistband harness to d sides near my tanks, i seem to be more stable. W/ regards 2 my feet being lower, i was thinking maybe because that time i was just new w/ d jet fins & its kinda heavy. Also, i set up my tanks low. I put d camband as high as possible bcz underwater in horizontal position, when i tilt my head up to look ahead, i dnt want d back of my head hitting my 1st stage. (w/c i did, when d tank is set high) Am i right in doing this? I just go by how i feel & w/c is most comfortable for me.
I also get pinched nerves every so often & have spasm. Only 'Dorn Method' Theraphy gives me instant relief fr d pains. Its a passive adjustment of d spine.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom