Weight and the drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I'm will be taking a Dry suit class soon. If one is switching from a 7mm wetsuit to a Whites Fusin with the TF Undergarment how lead do you you think I will need to add?

Lets say I'm running 8lbs when I'm wearing my can light? 10lbs without currently...

Its hard to say. Your just going to have to play with it to get it dialed in. I added almost 20lbs in my DUI with thick underwear. That was with a Zeagle Ranger and a AL80 cylinder. Now I can get buy with about 20lbs. I would say diving a drysuit is one of the hardest skills I have ever encountered since I started diving. I would recommend that you conduct your bouyancy check in a controled enviroment. Good luck.

I need around 36# with the Thermal Fusion. Any less than that and I'm shrink wrapped the entire dive and fighting the whole time to stay down. Please post how you made out when you figure out your weighting, I'm interested in hearing how much weight you need.

I added +2 to 4 lbs with fusion bullet + thermo fusion under, but still getting dialed in. Hoping to settle on +2. My total is 22-24 lbs, with steel 100. Prior i dove 8/7mm wet + 3mm vest ( i get cold) and used 20 #.

If diving in my drysuit and single tanks I use a SS backplate and Faber HP100 cylinders. Depending on which undergarments I am diving, I need 4-6lbs.

I don't have a 7mm suit as I think if I need a 7mm I will dive dry! Anyway, with my 5mm and a hooded vest I dive AL backplate and the HP100 singles with no added weight needed.

Because you can't do a weight check online, you're gonna have to do some buoyancy checks as you well know.

Good luck,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom