weight adj. and drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh.. good question, I was thinking the same thing. Some way to restrict the flow of air. However, if you weren't careful I would think you could also restrict flow of blood?

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
This may sound foolish but how come no one has adopted bungee 'loops' for around the lower legs vs gaitors?

This might work...

I kinda think the loops might be susceptible to rolling down your leg and basically not doing what they were intended to do.

The velcro on the Halycon gaitors is crazy...it always seems to take all my strength to get those things off...once you put them on, they stay on.

Personally, I love em

I found happiness after I learned to embrace the squeeze. Once I figured out how much insulation I needed to stay comfortable with just a small amount of air, I found that I didn't have a bubble of air shifting around the suit. This allowed me to drop more lead from my rig too, which sounds like one of your goals. I suggest if you go dry, let the suit show you some love.:lovey:

I bought a pair of fin keepers and put them over my drysuit boots. They have really helped and cost a lot less than a pair of gaitors. :)

Jimmie

While i don't wear gaitors with my drysuit yet i have also heard it said since they keep air out of your legs there is less drag when using them so better propulsion.

I was really trying to avoid the gator route but may not be able to.

Kalvyn what in the heck are fin keepers?

chuckrt

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
This may sound foolish but how come no one has adopted bungee 'loops' for around the lower legs vs gaitors?

Since your a northeaster and our wrecks have so much fishing line on them..

why not put a knife on each leg(I do).. You may look like a commando, but you have a cutting implement and it stops air movement to your feet as well..

I dive with at least 3 cutting implements (usually 4), 2 knives on legs, 1 small knife up high, and cuttiing shears at my waist..

The shears are an absolute necessity, spyder wire is becoming much more prevalent and knives do didley under water on it..

I also subscribe get used to the squeeze, I just add enogh gas where it just begins to squeeze.. no gas bubble to move back and forth and buoyance is a piece of cake.. If I begin to feel the cold then I will add a bit more gas...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom