Weekend trip???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBailey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok, here is the situation...

My summer weekends are wide open at the moment; therefore, I am starting to fill them up with dive trips. While I enjoy the quarry and lake dives that are available here in the Chicago area, I want to do some salt water diving this summer as well.

My plan is to fly out of Chicago on Friday night, get in a couple dives Saturday morning. Play tourist the rest of the day on Saturday. Fly out Sunday afternoon/evening.

Any recommendations for locations given the short amount of time?

Look on a map of Florida. Down towards the bottom is South Florida. Anywhere along the coast with an airport is gonna be great. Just check with one of the down-south Conchdivers who are local to were you want to go on conditions & recommended dive charters. There is just so much diving down there that it would be hard to say what area is best.

Check the scubaboard a few days prior to coming down and that will give you some idea of what is going on for the weekend. The other side of the coin is what type of diving you want to do, which is predicated on your skill level.

Hope to see you on one of your trips.

Dive Safe !!

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom