Weekend November 5-6th, need Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TGamel

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have just finished my PADI Open Water Certification on 10/23/05 through Eastfield College here in Dallas. Will be taking my Open Water Advanced and Divemaster classes next semester through the college as well. I am taking a Nitrox class in December at a local dive shop as I have just purchased a Atmos Elite air integrated computer.

I have made one ocean dive while I was in Jamaica @ Couples Ocho Rios where I got married on Oct 5th. As I did not have my certification completed at that time I had to take the resort course. Fortunately, I had completed everything for my certification except the open water dives.

It was pretty scary to see people that had only 45 minutes of pool time thrashing around at 50 feet. It wasn't cozumel, but it was awsome to me. Which brings me to my point my brother-in-law CharleyT (Texas Swamper) is an advanced diver and informed me that I may be able to find some folks who might not mind diving with a new diver.

I would like to go to CSSP or Athens next weekend (Nov 5-6th) as I live in the Dallas area, if anyone would be there or care to dive with the new guy I would appreciate the company and the opportunity to gain some experience before starting my advanced class. Look forward to seeing ya'll under the water.

Everybody was new once so don't feel bashful. Every dive is a new dive to me:D If your out at CSSP just walk around and ask if folks are Swampers. You'll find somebody. Drag that crazy wild CharlieT out sometime while your at it.
You might want to leave that fancy talk about the blue water stuff at home 'cause the Swamps are green around here. They get pretty clear when its cold so you have that to look forward to!

Timeliner:
Everybody was new once so don't feel bashful. Every dive is a new dive to me:D If your out at CSSP just walk around and ask if folks are Swampers. You'll find somebody. Drag that crazy wild CharlieT out sometime while your at it.
You might want to leave that fancy talk about the blue water stuff at home 'cause the Swamps are green around here. They get pretty clear when its cold so you have that to look forward to!
Yea, I'm trying to get Charley off the couch, but not sure if I can. As for the clear blue water, figure I will only get to do that once a year. Heck Travis was cool for me and I have no problem lake diving, after all this is Texas....

I may be available to dive next weekend at CSSP. Just finished a "spooky night" Halloween dive there last night.

JR

richerso:
I may be available to dive next weekend at CSSP. Just finished a "spooky night" Halloween dive there last night.

JR
Heard it was a good time, to bad it was my weekend to work at the hospital...:11:

Looks like i am gonna just head out there sat morning, maybe I can find someone to dive with I live in Dallas, near Mesquite so it is relativly close. My brother-in-law is gonnas be out of town so he's outta the picture. If you are available when it gets closer to the weekend let me know here and I'll give you my cell number so we can hook up at the lake...

I might be out, not sure just yet, Sat. Morn I've got to go shopping for a 7mm suit.
My ole trusty 3mm just ain't cutting it in 68 degree water :eek:
Wouldn't make until the afternoon if I did get out....

TGamel, I also live in Dallas near Mesquite. Howdy neighbor!! :biggrin2:

TruckDiver:
I might be out, not sure just yet, Sat. Morn I've got to go shopping for a 7mm suit.

Give us a ring at the shop,,,we might have just what you are looking for!

Kevin...are you saying you were cold on Friday night? I couldn't tell! :) Maybe you should have kept that tri-lamb hood for yourself...thank you. And the hot chocolate was great too!

And hey...New guy...you couldn't pick a better diver to hook up with for some nice and easy cruisin' around the lake offering plenty of opportunity to work on bouyancy, breathing, etc. If I were you I'd take my time on Saturday and watch and wait for the big guy in the red...hmmm...blazer I think.

TruckDiver:

I'm fairly new myself and was thinking about hitting CSSP this weekend as well. What time(s) are you going to be out there?

My GF and I are planning on being out there about 1pm on Sunday. You are more than welcome to dive with us then if you want. FYI - this will be our first dive in a month or so, so we will more than likely be taking it easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom