Weekend in La Bufadora, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent shots, seriously though you painted that snail and put it there right? It looks incredible. Proves you don't need thousands in equiptment to get some great shots.

A plus!

I have driven down there when I lived in SoCal and done that dive!

Very cold....colder than San Diego due to the current. Baja fish tacos and Coronas with limes?

Nice shooting, CompuDude! Love the colors!

Any suggestions of where I can learn more about nudibranchs? I noticed your comment about 10 different species in one dive, thats great.

Yep, that was a kewl trip.....the margaritas was wicked. Next time you will have to try the rattlesnake tecuila. Heard you guys had some fun at the border, we only had about a hour wait.

Nice shots, and great trip report. I think your yellow tailed fish is just a Striped Surf Perch with a yellow tail. Everything else looks just like the ones we see around here all the time.

Larry C:
Nice shots, and great trip report. I think your yellow tailed fish is just a Striped Surf Perch with a yellow tail. Everything else looks just like the ones we see around here all the time.
You know, Larry, I thought that, too, and it may well be. But I saw LOTS of them just like that; they just proved elusive to photograph. And at least in Humann's Coastal Fish ID book (Striped Seaperch aka Blue Surfperch, P. 182-183), there is no mention of yellow tails anywhere. So I have to think it's something else, tho you may end up being right in the end.

catherine96821:
A plus!

I have driven down there when I lived in SoCal and done that dive!

Very cold....colder than San Diego due to the current. Baja fish tacos and Coronas with limes?
Thanks! High praise indeed, coming from a shooter of your caliber. :)

One or two of the dives were pretty cold at depth, in a full 7mm suit. We all dove wet though, and according to the computers, the temps never got lower than 55, although it sure felt that way once or twice. I sure miss the (somehwat) warm waters of Maui, where I come from, however!

I'm a Pacifico and Shrimp Quesadilla man, myself. :wink: (In Mexico... otherwise I'm a Guinness purist.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom