Wednesday's (6/2) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Marlinspike Auger shell occupied by a Hermit Crab
Just when you think it's okay to collect a shell, a pair of eyes appear.
060204a.jpg

Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
There is certainly no shortage of these critters on every dive.
060204b.jpg

Excellent, as usual. Looks like the hermit crab has a little growing to do before it can cart that shell around. Where was Chris for some teeth cleaning by the underwater toothbrush?

LOL...Mar's right, that little fella needs to grow some. How cute! I really like how you framed the cleaner shrimp, great composition.

Chris went to the real dentist today so no dive for her.
I am amazed at the strength of Hermit Crabs. Those Marlinspike Auger shells are one of the heaviest I have seen for their size. I can't believe those little critters can drag them around.

Gilligan, those are great shots. I love the colors. Wish I could see that for real, but it will have to wait for October and Bonaire.

Always great photos. Did you ever manage to paddle out to the backwall as you had planned recently?

Glad to hear the sand returned to Kihei too :)

Al,
Yes I did. Chris and I paddled over on May 14th. We didn't get to dive the Back Wall but instead started inside the Crater and crossed over to Reef's End outside the Crater. it was a great dive.

I told my wife about your plans to paddle to molokini last weekend. We had an opportunity to play around with a couple of dive kayaks here on the Oregon coast for a little while and with 7 mil suits and all the weight needed to hold us down getting your gear back aboard isn't an easy task.

She said she won't be kayak diving again until it's tropical !!!

Back
Top Bottom