Wednesday Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello there!

Peacock Flounder - Roatan, Honduras
Oly C-4040/ PT-10/YS90DX strobe

aby.sized.jpg

These guys are cool. Where I do my confined water work, there are always a few small ones around. They are quite curious and will move right in front of the students to see what's going on. This one was one of the larger ones that let me edge closer and closer and closer. Notice that his eyes are almost backwards, as he kept an eye on me, while I crept up from behind.
10412_125_4.jpg

dee, just checked your site some excellent photo's, one question though.

in your wreck mania section, it shows some guy diving all kitted up head first to tie to the wreck.

does it not say in the padi manual (openwater) not to tie to wrecks?

just wandered why you tied off to the wreck

clive francis once bubbled...
dee, just checked your site some excellent photo's, one question though.

in your wreck mania section, it shows some guy diving all kitted up head first to tie to the wreck.

does it not say in the padi manual (openwater) not to tie to wrecks?

just wandered why you tied off to the wreck

Clive, I wasn't on that trip..the Wreckmania trip that Natasha and Walter put on in July. I just gathered the photos and gave them a home online. So I can't comment on whether they toed off to the wreck or used a mooring ball, or whatever. I'll try to get Walter to comment on this....

we didn't use their manual. :tease: This was a YMCA course taught by Walter on this board. It is actually the industry norm down here in Florida to tie off on these wrecks in a stiff current. While the Dive master is familiar with the location of any given wreck, for many of us, this was our first time on them. Without a line tied to a mooring ball, many would have missed it and not have been able to complete the class. The current played havoc with us as it was.

These sites were artificial reefs, so there was no chance of altering an historical site. Even then, I know of many charters that will tie off on a "real wreck" if the conditions warrant it.

Who agitated him? Good picture but not a pretty sight!

Back
Top Bottom