Weddings on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry--we got married on Curacao and honeymooned on Bonaire. :D

Depends on who you are inviting. If small wedding and all divers, go for it. However, I think it would be a boring island for a destination wedding for non-divers. Also, can't think of many beaches or venues that would support a mid-sized wedding party on Bonaire, though The Plaza Resort probably comes close. I would choose an island with better sand beaches and more shore or beach activities for the non-divers.

When I looked into it a few years ago it was a bit more complicated then with some other destination wedding islands. And a resident we were friends with also discouraged the idea.

Sorry--we got married on Curacao and honeymooned on Bonaire. :D
Might be open to that too, well, the opposite. We're staying for 2 weeks in December, our travel partners are only doing a week. We're thinking about surprising them Friday afternoon with a wedding since it's pretty much our closest friends. We don't have the second week's lodging, or air, booked yet, so I'm open to switching the second week to Curacao

If you are on Facebook, I would encourage you to friend and to post here: Bonaire Expats and Visitors

You will get a lot of good responses from those really in the know. @UltimateDiveTrucksBonaire will also be a good resource.

When I looked into it a few years ago it was a bit more complicated then with some other destination wedding islands. And a resident we were friends with also discouraged the idea.

Ah, you must be referring to the legalities. We avoided all that by signing the paper in front of some suitable official at home, and separately putting on a show for our island guests that was a wedding in every sense but legal.

Ah, you must be referring to the legalities. We avoided all that by signing the paper in front of some suitable official at home, and separately putting on a show for our island guests that was a wedding in every sense but legal.
Yes you are right. I had not looked at it from the option of just a ceremony. To be legally married in Bonaire, at that time, required a fair amount a prep work and becoming a temporary resident.

Legally, it looks simple, just send a few documents in that I already have on hand. This is my 4th trip to the island with a big group (I'm the organizer) and we'd want to do it at the villa we're staying at. Mostly looking for a wedding planner that we could meet with through the week, plan a simple ceremony, then have everyone leave the villa for something while they come in, set it up, then come back and surprise everyone with it.

Back
Top Bottom