Wedding in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are considering Belize to get married in later next year. Has anybody on the board travelled to and officially tied the noose.....I mean knot..... in Belize? This is only one of the options we are looking at but I wanted to hear from anybody here that has done this.

When is the best time of year to travel there and expect (although nothing in life is guaranteed) decent weather? We would be travelling with many divers and many nose breathers so anyplace we choose should have topside entertainment close by as well.

Bang for Buck, where and when would you suggest?

I was official photographer for a beach wedding here in San Pedro last Thursday. Wedding was held at Banyan Bay resort and catering was done by the in-house restaurant Rico's. Weather was superb, though a little windy. There are many options available here, and of course in other parts of Belize as well. I've seen some superb shots of weddings held at Mayan ruins inland.

As in all places, there are legalities and practicalities to take care of. Either you need to get the services of a local minister or bring your own (so long as that person is licensed to conduct a wedding in Belize). And of course the marriage permit and licenses need taking care of - none of it difficult but it mustn't be overlooked. I didn't arrange those myself on this occasion but I know how to.

You have to decide whether the wedding will be an adjunct to a holiday, as this one was, or whether it will be the main or sole focus. And of course what else you might want to do whilst here. And of course which location to choose - there are lots of beach options and as I said also inland ones.

There are professional "wedding organisers" who take care of all these details for you, albeit for a considerable fee. Or with a bit of thought you can "do it yourself" with local help.

If you want detailed info PM me and I'll arrange for it.

You realize there will be crashing goons if we are not invited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom