Weather Turneffe Island Resort in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroknot

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Leaving for 2nd scuba trip to Turneffe Island Resort in 5 days. Have been there in the summer, but not the winter. What kind of water and air temps should we expect? Any clothing recommendations other than the usual shorts, tee shirts, sandals, etc? Would also enjoy reading any general comments about winter at Turneffe Island Resort.

I am sooooooo jealous. :D

Say hi to everyone for me, including Lois, and be sure to write a trip report when you come back.

Water is around 78. or 25C or so. If you're doing multiple dives daily, I would advise at least a 3 mm full suit.
Air has been cool lately. If a cold front blows in, it'll get down into the 60s until the sun comes up. Then back up to the upper 70s or 80s. Bring a hooded sweatshirt. I use one now on the boat.
Visibility hasn't been good the last two weeks but that can clear up.
The cool air somehow seems to kick the sandflies into a frenzy. Bring repellent.

Back
Top Bottom