Weather in WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahiro

Registered
Reaction score
It has been windy with 4-6 ft waves forecast forever in WPB. Was hoping of taking a trip down there around Memorial Day. When will the weather break? Is this normal for this time of year?

Scubahiro

scubahiro:
It has been windy with 4-6 ft waves forecast forever in WPB. Was hoping of taking a trip down there around Memorial Day. When will the weather break? Is this normal for this time of year?

Scubahiro
Yeah...tell me about it...we were set up for a weekend dive on 3rd & 4th of April and on Tues - Fri, it was blowing at 40 +. Since we were packed and ready we headed for the springs (Blue Grotto) with plans to dive a few more. Got out of BG around 2pm - looked at the weather (no wind...) and headed for WP. They were forecasting two to four next day (Sunday)...we went out and fortunately had a small group (early morning) because the wind picked up and we got pretty much thrown all over the boat ....prob more like 4-6 by the time we headed back. Had a great time, though. Try to hook up with an am charter, seas and winds will be calmer and less people on the boat. Viz was prob about 50- 60 ft.

scubahiro:

No this is not normal for this time of year. It should have calmed down by now. Although the wheater report is for a wide streach of coast so the conditions vary, also the wind direction is a factor, N NE is worst, E SE S is better and and W is good.

We usually look at the beach cams as well as the weather report. There are links to three of them from Miami to Jupiter on the www.force-e.com site on the left side under Quick links. Along with a link to the NOAA costal report.

--A

I've been trying for something like the last month and a half to get my boat out and do a little diving off it but no luck with that either. Poor thing is just sitting there collecting dust and leaves. LOL

BTW, I wouldn't trust those NOAA reports to much. I've looked at them and seen a forcast for 2 foot or less and when you show up at the boat ramp people are telling you that it's 4 to 6. The best thing I've found are the beach cams or Mike Jacobs, he lives right off the beach so his condition reports are very accurate.

i hear you i was going out this sat. but probably will cancell(99.9%) the forecast is for some winds and rip currents are bad well some swimmer died yesterday in ft lauderdale. i went out last weakend (keys) i went early they said 2-4 but it picked up to about 4-6 for a brief moment. some other divers said it has been this bad for past 2 weeks. i hope the weather gets better soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom