Weather for Mansfield camping trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetodive2

Reaction score
Austin weather

Fri
Oct 25 Showers 76°/58° 40 %
Sat
Oct 26 Scattered Showers 75°/58° 30 %
Sun
Oct 27 Showers 72°/56° 50 %

Well folks looks like it's going to rain in Austin this weekend.
I need to know if everyone still wants to go. The grounds
going to be wet and continue to get wet. So let me know
what everyone thinks. I am open on what to do.

Tina

We were planning to drive up for the day but with all this rain I don't think so. If Austin has had the rain we have, it's going to be a sloppy mess and the vis is going to be even lower than normal.

Since we weren't planning to camp, my vote probably doesn't count but I think cancelling is a good idea.

Dee once bubbled...
We were planning to drive up for the day but with all this rain I don't think so. If Austin has had the rain we have, it's going to be a sloppy mess and the vis is going to be even lower than normal.

It's not looking good for diving anywhere in the state this weekend :(

I'm out too, and was so looking forward to meeting people from the Austin and Houston areas. But ain't drivin' 6 hours in rain to dive in run-off; although it ain't rainin' under water. :D

Hmm, how about starting to plan a statewide get together when conditions are more favorable?
:jump:

Well, I just heard on the news that T.S. Kenna which is in the pacific off the southern coast of Mexico may give Texas lots of rain over the weekend if it follows their predicted course onto land. :struck:

The sogginess and lower temperatures definitely do not make it conducive for diving. :cold:
So I guess of the conditions do not change for the better, Francois and I are likely not going to make the trip up to Austin. We'll keep watchin' the weather... :thunder:

I tend to agree with you all, my vote doesn't count much either as my plan is still to stay home in my nice warm bed & just foray out to meet the campers when the sun is up good. I'm still good for the original plan [at least my edition of it] but I wouldn't drive 6 hours to camp in the rain either.

BUT - I'll still happily meet anybody that wants to at least partially still do it!

BYW - We've gotten ~4 inches since I left that cheary note on Saturday - and it's still raining about 1/2 the day, each day, with no end in sight!

scubatexastony once bubbled...
the swimmin' pool was still pretty clear, HEY Dee, I might just get in another dive....hehe Really, Wednesdays meeting sure looks like a mud/cold/rain out. I miss ya' man! Oh and the Turk CD was awesome! Great music too!

Uh-uh....confined water dives don't count!

Yea, I think Wed. is a washout...literally! We may have to go back to our weekly shrimp and shrimp meets for awhile.

The Turk slide show is cool, huh? It was made with a nice little $25 program Pictures to Exe. Check it out. It's very easy to use and lots of fun.

now it's up to 24 for a private use license, but it seems to be a nice program. now to get some photos next april to make a good presentation!

Shrimp and Shrimp! This sounds promising....

leme know when/where

tony

ps....cable is connected...whoohoo

But it's still a good deal. go ahead and download it. There's a free try out with all functions enabled, you're just limited to 10 pics per show. Learn how to use it and get used to it so you can but together a jam-up show next April!!

Wanna do Joe's on 10 tomorrow night? 7pm?

You got the internet cable hooked up? Sweet, huh? Need some good dive videos to download for testing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom