Wearing through trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoatLord

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first post, and I have searched and not found a topic on it, so here it is... I recently bought a pinnacle evolution demo drysuit and was noticing a little bit of wear in the armpits the outer layer of trilam is beginning to fray- just a very little..... I have 2 questions : First, is this normal and should I just let it go, or is this going to be a problem and is there somthing I can do? Possibly lubricate the BC strap or somthing like that? My BC fits snug, but that is how it is supposed to be, tight, right? I guess that is 3 questions, sorry.... I can post a pic of the wear if that would help.

Thanks in advance

Fraying in the arm pits caused by the BC??...I must be wearing my BC wrong.

I would think that if it is bad enough you could send it in for repair or DYI and patch over it. Not sure where you would get trilam fabric from.

The Evolution trilam is a 10 year suit and pretty tough. Pinnacle customer service is excellent. I know from experience because they resized my boots on my suit, and replaced a neck seal in Lisa's suit. Give them a call directly and let them know your concerns. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

After going to my LDS (where I originally bought the suit), it turns out the straps on my BCD were too tight so I loosening them... Thanks for the advice..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom