We laid line today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Now..imagine that dive in sidemount...

Believe me, Larry, I have . . . we could have kept going :)

That's how it starts....the next thing you know, you have all these orphaned isolators sitting around...:D

I have been through exactly one virgin passage with a cave instructor and another full cave diver. Just a little over 500 feet. Last time anyone went through this was in a truck carrying limestone. We knew no one had ever dived it before. Now this was a manmade tunnel in an abandoned mine but I can imagine the feeling of going where no one else has gone on scuba underground. And I have to say I don't want to do it again. You have more courage than I do and my hat's off to you. I'll stick with my wrecks. Congrats. To me it would be like finding a new route to a honey hole in a wreck full of china that no one else has seen.

Congrats.....the idea of cavesscares me - even though being in a wreck does not......counterintuitive I guess, but still. The idea of being the first in the cave is really interesting - and to lay the line, even more so. I would go, maybe, 10-15 feet and turn around.....

Jim,
If artifacts and china is what you want, and you live in PA - how can you NOT be an avid NJ diver yet?????? Thats what we are all about over here....(along with the lobster and fish)

Dude I've gotten a number of invites but it's a 7 - 8 hour drive at least. Got an extra place for me to flop? If so let's think about planning for next season. I've decided I will be at BTS this year. Hopefully make some contacts with you guys there. Have tanks, dry suit, hammer, chisel, and crowbar. Let's dive!

And agree with you. We know it's much easier to claw through 4- 6 inches of steel than several hundred feet of rock. :wink:

Sorry for the hijack Lynne. Seriously impressed by what you did.

Congrats Lynne!
Some cool opportunities are presenting themselves where some exploration would be possible.
I am building my tools and skills before getting to fired up.
SM makes tighter passage a bit more doable but I am always looking at or planning points to turn around.
A bit more training will be in my future before any real squeezes.

CamG

Dude I've gotten a number of invites but it's a 7 - 8 hour drive at least. Got an extra place for me to flop? If so let's think about planning for next season. I've decided I will be at BTS this year. Hopefully make some contacts with you guys there. Have tanks, dry suit, hammer, chisel, and crowbar. Let's dive!

And agree with you. We know it's much easier to claw through 4- 6 inches of steel than several hundred feet of rock. :wink:

Seriously impressed by what you did.

If you want to come out next year - I'll hook you up big time. I have a house in Wildwood,NJ - about 3 miles from the boat. As long as my wife and kids are not down that week or weekend - I let everyone diving crash there. Compressor on the boat (nitrox stick as well and by next year helium to)- and wrecks all over.....

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK....

You know, if you had asked me before the dive, whether I thought I was ready/capable of doing an exploration dive, I would probably have said no. But as it turned out, it was well within both my capacity and my comfort zone. Only the last restriction gave me a bit of pause, but we had been doing tighter stuff this trip than I had done before, so I had some recent experience with it.

I'm not sure what further training would have made it any more reasonable, or any safer, honestly. Experience was much more important.

Awesome! Congratulations!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom