We have returned....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
from the Panama City Beach trip. Had a great time. Trip reports will be posted soon.

Really wish more folks could have gone. May be next time.

Welcome back.

Chad

home.

We dove with Hydrospace. First day was on the Reef Runner which is 48 feet long. Second was on the Island Diver which is 65 feet long. Both days featured very calm seas and smooth sailing.

Unfortunately we couldn't dive the Sherman Tug which was our first dive site. Viz was very poor according to the divemaster when he went to tie off to the wreck. We dove instead on bridge span #4. At this site kystork and I made it to 99 feet at the dirt. Took some pictures of the resident fish and the soft corals. Dive time was 32 minutes.

Second dive was the Black Bart. We made it to 78 feet at the dirt. Reef Runner was tied off to the wheel house. Upon arrival at the wheel house there were large numbers of spade fish inside. Went down into the hull through some large hatchways then back up on deck and over the side to looking at the little creatures that reside on the bottom. The Black Bart is 185 feet long; at least I think thats what I heard someone say.

Second day was a return trip to the Black Bart. Saw some more neat little creatures then I spooked a flounder that I had not seen. Not sure who was more spooked, me or the flounder. I wasn't expecting the ocean bottom to get up and move suddenly.

CBF found a toadfish and brought that to our attention. Kystork got some pictures of it.

The second dive of the second day was at bridge span #14. Depth here was 73 feet. Saw grouper,barracuda, gobi's, arrow crabs, damsel fish queen angels and several jelly fish. Tried to get kystork to take a closer look at the jellies but she wasn't very interested:wink:

Viz at these sites was around 50 feet give or take some(depends on who you talk to). Water temp was 81 F

Schooners for dinner Friday night. Good food and a nice beach setting with a pretty sunset.

Capt. Andersons for dinner Saturday night. Good food(I highly recommend the grilled amber jack)

I will definitely do this trip again next year.

now I gotta admit I was concerned about my buddy:embarr: and my earlier reputation(painstakingly established) will be ruined for ever.

Of course I could embellish the story a bit.

kystork stayed in 100% control didn't she? How bout that flounder?

she did a great job dealing with 2 problems at once. I doubt I could have handled it as well as she did. When it comes to stuff like that I am a complete and total WUSS.

As for the flounder--all I'm going to say is it(the flounder) spooked us both:D

I had a GREAT time! This was my first ocean dive and it went very well. Saw barracuda and lots of jellyfish, a sea slug, a flounder (which, by the way, didn't startle me much....hehehe) and other fish that I'm unsure of what they were. Went to 76 ft., which is the deepest I've been yet! I didn't get seasick, although I had some sinus squeeze problems on the last two dives and it took me forever to get to depth.

I was scared to death until I got down there and looked around; I love it! Can't wait to do it again!

Can't wait to see the pictures & hear the stories!!!

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom