We Can All Sleep Soundly Tongiht - Fries Are French Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, friendly mod. The warning came after I punched "send".

Just a generic whine shouldn't count as "political", eh?

Way too much wasted spending by our government. Way too many people getting a free handout that could get a job. I am sorry that over in the EU the tax rates run about 70%, way too much waste there as well. We run about 40% here....
I feel if everyone would pay a flat 10% we could be rid of sales tax(VAT) property tax and state income tax......

We are being friendly....hope that no one takes offense El...

mrjimboalaska:
Way too much wasted spending by our government. Way too many people getting a free handout that could get a job. I am sorry that over in the EU the tax rates run about 70%, way too much waste there as well. We run about 40% here....
I feel if everyone would pay a flat 10% we could be rid of sales tax(VAT) property tax and state income tax......

We are being friendly....hope that no one takes offense El...

:)

Yeah, I hope no one gets offended by a little joking around with the differences between countries "way of life"! And there are differences!!!

But yes we do have 25% sales tax and around 30-40% income tax. Employers have to pay 15% tax on top of the pay to their workers, which I actually like much less than visible income tax and sales tax. Mind, companies can of course deduct sales tax on goods they use in their business. So I get to pull off 25% every time I buy some new dive gear! :D

Come to think of it - The Germans can make some dang good schnecken. That reminds me of the time that the French made us give up our repeater site in Istres and we jacked the Gorimundi, Spain to Ringstead, England Tropo shot to 100 K watts. Knocked out all the television in France. But that's another story.

Tom Smedley:
Absoutely no one can make French pastries or escargot like the French.

Mayo on Pomme Frits equals hurl city!!!!!!!

mrjimboalaska:
nay, das mayonaise ist gute mit pommes frits......

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and freedom fried potatoes..." That's just not going to work.

Actually, that sings pretty well...

But seriously, what's up with vinegar and fries? Can someone explain this to me? Tried it once and it just made the fries all soggy.

It's the only way to eat fries. Brown malt vinegar is best, though plain white works.

If they're soggy then you've used too much.

All of Great Britain, Canada and the rest of tge Commonwealth can't be wrong.

Marc

Back
Top Bottom