WB550 V weight pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just noticed the v weight pouch. Wonder if this could be used with soft weights? Seems kinda crazy to use shot but if that is the only way. The desciption that I have seen says two velcro closures. Does this mean that there are two compartments?

Also this item isn't on your web site.

Hey C133:
Check-out this link for an image and more information, http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=179681
It is one compartment, double Velcro closure / opening to allow you to add lead shot.
This is one of a bunch of new products I need to get added to our website. I just need longer days (and nights). Phone me if you have additional questions, Toll Free 866 977-2822.

crpntr133:
Just noticed the v weight pouch. Wonder if this could be used with soft weights? Seems kinda crazy to use shot but if that is the only way. The desciption that I have seen says two velcro closures. Does this mean that there are two compartments?

Also this item isn't on your web site.

So can it be used with soft weights?? I have no desire to load shot into small bag to change weights easily.

If you mean load with soft weights like the trim pockets, no.

The opening is only about the size of my little finger and the double closure is to seal the shot in. Loading these is not something you would want to do on the boat.

I think some folks have just wedged soft weights into the space and depend on the bolts, plates and tanks to keep them in place.

I could only fit 5# of bird shot into mine but I may try cutting open a prepackaged soft weight to see if the lead is denser. I like mine and just concider them preset at 5# for now.

Thanks, that is what I wondered.
I don't even want to bother with loading them with shot. If I could stuff a soft weight down in it I would go for it. From the pictures it is hard to tell how you load them.

I took one of my 4 lb soft weights and cut off a corner. I poured it into the v-weight pouch and closed the velcro. easy!!

I took one of my 4 lb soft weights and cut off a corner. I poured it into the v-weight pouch and closed the velcro. easy!!

I had a jar of lead shot in the basement...............somewhere. It figures, when I wanted it I couldn't find it!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom