Ways to attach boots to drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js472

New
Reaction score
I've bought a drysuit that does not come with ankle seals or boots attached. It is an old model from 1991, manufactured for the Canadian Navy. Does anybody know how to attach boots (or booties or neoprene socks) to it? Are boots the best solution?
Any help will be welcome.
Thank you
Juan Salas

If that is a Canadian Military Mustang suit it is more for survival than Scuba and I would not dive with it. I have seen instructions on the net about replacing seals and boots, but not on how to initially install them on a suit.

Was this an actual dive suit with exhaust and inlet valves that had the boots or ankle seals removed ? If it wasn't a dive suit to begin with I would follow Decteks's advice.

If it does not have a chest-mounted inflator and arm-mounted exuast valves, throw it away or sell it. It's no good for scuba.

Thank you for your answer. The suit does not have a brand, it has no valves either. I will have to add ankle seals and use it for kayaking only. I thought I could use it for recreational diving eventually if I played with the initial amount of air inside and ankle weights.

Good try. I thought the same when I was first studying drysuits so don't feel so bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom