Way to put pics from computer onto camera card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I took some pictures a while back that I want to put back onto my camera card so that I can take the card to wal-mart and get prints made of the pictures. I am BY FAR not camera literate and am wondering if there is a way to do this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dustin

dhampton82:
I took some pictures a while back that I want to put back onto my camera card so that I can take the card to wal-mart and get prints made of the pictures. I am BY FAR not camera literate and am wondering if there is a way to do this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dustin

Get one of the "6 in 1" card readers at Fry's, Best Buy, Comp USA etc.
They are about $15-30 and have inputs for all the card types (SD, MMC, CF etc.) and a USB connector.

Plug the USB into your PC.
Plug your card into the appropriate slot.
It should show up like a removable hard drive.
Copy the files on (or export from iPhoto to the drive etc.) and take to the store.

*or* just burn your images to a CD-ROM as I think a lot of places accept that also.

It sounds to me as though you probably transferred the pics from your camera TO your computer with a either a USB or a firewire. If that's the case, simply plug your camera back in, go to the picture and right click it. Then select "send to" and your camera should come as "disk E" or " Removeable Storage Device". Simply click on that and your done.

You can also connect your camera via USB or Firewire then copy and paste (.jepg, .tif or other generic formats) by navigating to the camera in "My Computer".

Also, look at the sides of your computer. Most laptops and many desktops come standard with removeable media slots for flash cards etc.

crlavoie:
It sounds to me as though you probably transferred the pics from your camera TO your computer with a either a USB or a firewire. If that's the case, simply plug your camera back in, go to the picture and right click it. Then select "send to" and your camera should come as "disk E" or " Removeable Storage Device". Simply click on that and your done.

You can also connect your camera via USB or Firewire then copy and paste (.jepg, .tif or other generic formats) by navigating to the camera in "My Computer".

Also, look at the sides of your computer. Most laptops and many desktops come standard with removeable media slots for flash cards etc.

I tried both of these, and looked for the picture on my camera. The camera is sayng "read error" where the picture should be. I am assuming that it changed the format when I moved it to my computer (?) and the xd card can not recognize the format.

Why not upload your pictures to Walmart online. I use Shutterfly.com myself. Upload and select what you want to buy and they mail the pictures to you.

TOM

lol yea, I just figured this out in the last few minutes. It actually let me pick which store I wanted to print my pics and they will be read to pick up in an hour :D

(and to think my g/f laughed and told me "scubaboard cant answer everything" when I said "why dont I just ask scubaboard how to get my pics printed?").

Thanks everyone!!

Dustin

That's great that you can go to the store and pick them up. No waiting for them to come in the mail.

TOM

its actually the same price to pick them up at the store (and no shipping) They charged me an extra 90 cents or what ever per pic to have them ready in an hour

dhampton82:
I tried both of these, and looked for the picture on my camera. The camera is sayng "read error" where the picture should be. I am assuming that it changed the format when I moved it to my computer (?) and the xd card can not recognize the format.
In order for the camera to see these pictures they need to be in the DCIM top directory and with a sub-directory that meets the standard rules for cameras. I think those are 3 numbers (000 - 999) and 5 characters.
Examples would be 152CANON and 105_FUJI
What it would be depends on your camera mfg. Look to see what the other subdirectories under DCIM are and create one like 999CANON , etc
Let me know if that works.
As suggested a CD would work or an on-line upload.

The pictures when they come off of my camera are labeled DSCF#### (ex. DSCF0023) and are in sub-folder 100_fuji. I have newer pictures on the camera, so I renamed the picture as DSCF0021 and tried moving it to the card in the same folder with the new pictures. Still it is saying "read error"

Back
Top Bottom