Watts Bar TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that Watts Bar is near chattanooga, so I'd check with local dive stores there.

I live on the Tenn river, but several hours away. But I will tell you that it's not known for it's diving or visibility. I doubt you'll be able to see anything.

I found it is exactly as you said. Watts Bar seems to have a lot of potential as a fishing lake, but no visibility to speak of.

I have not been diving in any of these, but they're much clearer than the main TN river...

You might try Ft. Loudon, near Knoxville. Or Melton Hill, near Oak Ridge. I worked at the little ol' power plant near Watts Bar for a number of years and lived in both Chatt. and Knoxville. You will find that they are cold and Melton Hill may be full of crap (monofilament, left over Oak Ridge, etc.)

If a quarry will do, http://terraserver.microsoft.com/imageinfo.aspx?T=2&S=11&X=1726&Y=9837&Z=16&W=2&P=12+km+NE+of+Dayton%2c+Tennessee%2c+United+States&D=01+Jul+1992&O=260173&Lon=-84.8997&Lat=35.5403 at 84w53'43" 35N32'32". This quarry is located on Old Dixie Hwy between Hwy 68 and Hwy 30, between Watts Bar and Dayton. I stopped to fish many times on the way home in the early 90s. Crystal clear and a ton of rumors as to stolen goods and other goodies. You may want to ask permission, if the gravel mill is still there.

Back
Top Bottom