Closed Waterproof W7 5mm XXL wetsuit

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Waterproof W7 5mm wetsuit in Men's size XXL for sale.

I ordered it, tried it on, thought it fit really well, dived it one day (2 dives) and started thinking maybe it was just a little bit too big for me. A customer ordered a smaller version of the same suit. It came in. He tried it and it was too big for him. I tried it and it fits better, so I bought that one, too.

I am 6' 1", about 245#, with a 34" inseam. This suit fits me so close to perfectly that I thought it was the right size for me at first. So, it should be perfect for someone just a little bit bigger than me, on up to someone that is at least a couple of inches taller and probably 20 - 30 pounds heavier. The suit is unlike older Waterproof suits (which are not very stretchy at all). The W7 is very stretchy neoprene, with a really nice fleece lining on the whole, entire inside (except for where the smoothskin seals are at the end of the arms and legs).

Since I dived in this, I can't return it. But, as I got it at shop employee cost, I can sell it to you for a much better price than this suit would otherwise sell for. If you can even find one. They are brand new and the Waterproof warehouse is basically already out of stock.

Retail on this suit is $520.

I'll ship it to you anywhere in the continental US for $300.

Details about the W7 are here: W7 - Waterproof Diving

I have a ScubaPro EverFlex 5/4, and a Bare Reactive 5mm. I like my new W7 even better than either of those. Actually, I already sold the Bare. The W7 goes on easier and is more comfortable (to me) than either of my other 5 mil suits.

The W7 has pockets (which I love to have), but they are very stretchy and basically you don't know they are there when they're empty. They don't hold a lot. A backup mask or a set of wet notes fits easily. A big SMB *might* fit by itself. Maybe. A smaller SMB should fit pretty easily.

The wrist and ankle seals are neoprene that you tuck back under itself to make the seal. They work. When I get out of the water, I can take my boots off and the legs of the suit still hold the water in until I open the seal.

Warmth? All I can say is that I did 4 dives last Saturday, for a total of 3 hours, in water that was 64F. I wore this suit (well, the newer smaller one that I am keeping), a 7mm hood, 3mm gloves, and 6.5mm boots. I did start to get cold at the end of the 4th dive, but that one was 45 minutes of continuous scootering (so I was doing NO work at all to help myself stay warm). In other words, I think it's a pretty darn warm suit.

My shop (Scuba John's Dive Shop) is a Waterproof dealer and I can provide you with a receipt from the shop, if you want it.

Also, I have a matching pair of Waterproof G1 3mm gloves, size XL, which I will be posting separately. They were also just slightly too big for me and size L turn out to be a perfect fit for my hands. Shipping is ridiculous right now, so buy them together and save yourself a decent chunk. :)

Here's a couple of pictures of the actual suit. For more info, check out the Waterproof website.

2021-11-19 19.07.31.jpg

2021-11-19 19.08.26.jpg

2021-11-19 19.09.21.jpg

I was diving all weekend in Lake Keowee in my other W7. 69F on the bottom. No hood and no gloves. Just suit and booties. Toasty warm the whole time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom