Waterproof W1 vs Camaro Stingray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paverdude

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I have been looking into a new 5mm wetsuit and really like the W1, but just came across the Stingray and it's $200 less
Anyone have experience with both suits and could give there thoughts

Thanks

Looking at both those suits myself. Still undecided. Any help would be much appreciated.

I wear both the 7mm and 5mm versions of the Stingray. The 7mm has around 100 dives and is holding up extremely well so if you asked me, I'd say go for it! The 5mm has made about 25 dives and did great. It's essentially the same suit, just thinner.

But, to be real. The pros:

1. Front zip
2. Very warm - my usual dive temps range from low to high 50s and it's fantastic.
3. Padding on the lower back
4. Semi-dry and while I'm not completely dry, I'm not soaking wet, either
5. Excellent durability
6. Great value for the price
7. Easy to put on. I can get this suit on in record time with no struggling.

The cons:

1. It's a semi-dry so water will well up around your ankles. (if you pee in your suit, it's not flushing out!)
2. Zippers on legs and arms. You need to make sure you keep them clean and free of debris. Most suits don't have five zippers and while I don't care, it's something to watch.
3. NASCAR marking. I think they went a tad bit overboard on the CAMARO STINGRAY stenciling.

Hope that helps. I get a lot of compliments on it when I wear it and I plan on using these suits for years and years to come. They are fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom