"Waterproof" velcro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4thephil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know where I can get "waterproof", aka rubber, velcro? Or is this undeeded, should I just buy regular velcro and stop getting a stomach ulcer by worrying over little things?

Purpose: All velcro received with my PX25 Fiber Optic Cable (for my Intova IC600 and Intova Slave Strobe) has lost it's stick-ness. This velcro wasn't fabric, but instead rubber, with many little tiny balls which would weave between eachother and "stick".

Any velcro is fine. Many commercial BCD's have velcro commberbuns, you'll note many neoprene gloves with velcro wrist straps.

Double-sided (sticks to itself if you wrap it around something) is great for accessories.
Best,
Linger

Go to Radio Shack and buy component building tape. It's the same stuff, clear, plastic hard velcro. About $1.99 for a lifetime supply.

Jack

Thanks for the input. I found a place online that sells it $1 per foot. And by "it" i mean mushroom shapped plastic velcro that "snaps" when put together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom