waterproof switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oab2

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what to use for a switch for my dive light. Any cheap ideas?

Thanks

The most common is a simple toggle switch with a switch boot.

Packhorse:
A reed switch and relay. My experiance with toggles and boots is that they leak.
I use a rotating ring with a magnet on it that lines up with an internal reed switch.
Its safer than a toggle and can be cheaper.

Ditto on the magnetic reed but instead of a rotating ring I just glue a couple of plastic guides on the outside of the light for a rectangular magnet to slide in.

Try a magnetic alarm system switch like the ones used on window sills or door jambs. That is what I have set up for the monitor on my video housing.

Betail:
Try a magnetic alarm system switch like the ones used on window sills or door jambs. That is what I have set up for the monitor on my video housing.

More commonly reffered to as a reed switch. Problem is they do not handle alot of current so you need to use them to trip a transiter or FET or relay.

Back
Top Bottom