Waterproof Nord undersuit - any users or reviews yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
The Nord is a fairly new undersuit from Watyerproof - not sure exactly when it was released, but I can't find any reviews or youtube videos about it. Anyone have one?

+1.
I have the body 2x, same warmth as the 4E Arctics, but much cheaper. I would like to get to try the Nord as well.

I have the nord and can tell you it is good for short single tank dives but for long sidemount or scooter dives it isn’t adequate. You are better off with a heavier undergarment. It is very puffy and holds a lot of air for its size.

I dive the 200g Nord on all of my dives in Monterey. Gone down to 44 degrees on a 2hr scooter dive with it this last winter. Definitely not fully adequate for dives like that, but it does the job. You just need some good wicking base layers under it.

I dive the 200g Nord on all of my dives in Monterey. Gone down to 44 degrees on a 2hr scooter dive with it this last winter. Definitely not fully adequate for dives like that, but it does the job. You just need some good wicking base layers under it.
This is Chris so I am familiar with it too, and probably have a few more dives than you with the 200g Nord. =p When we had to skip the second dive at Pt Lobos due to cold on scooters a few weeks ago is what I am thinking about. Also I did the wall to a bit past the Aquarium last week and was absolutely shivering and considered walking with scooter, and sidemount from hidden beach due to cold. I think today I will try triple layering the body x, mesh tec, and Nord 200g. I definitely see either a thicker undergarment like a DUI XM450, Fourth Element Halo AR, a Santi BZ400x, or potentially a heated vest in my future.

Many thanks for all the replies. I might try the 200g Nord, and if it isn't warm enough for the middle of winter then I will get the 300g version.

Dive my friends 200g Nord for 6 dives, it warmer than my old kwark navy(about 150 dives).
My test enviroment is 16C fresh water, DPV for 20-30min, total dive time about 90min.
so I bought a 300g Nord.

Dive my friends 200g Nord for 6 dives, it warmer than my old kwark navy(about 150 dives).
My test enviroment is 16C fresh water, DPV for 20-30min, total dive time about 90min.
so I bought a 300g Nord.
Many thanks - that is really good feedback - from that it seems like my idea of getting the 200g and if that isn't warm enough then getting the 300g is on the right track.

Many thanks - that is really good feedback - from that it seems like my idea of getting the 200g and if that isn't warm enough then getting the 300g is on the right track.
worth to mention that the Nord hold air much more than Santi Flex 190(which i had before), so you have to vent the excessive air in advance than other Thinsulate undersuit during acent.

worth to mention that the Nord hold air much more than Santi Flex 190(which i had before), so you have to vent the excessive air in advance than other Thinsulate undersuit during acent.
Are you using the Nord 200g or 300g?

Back
Top Bottom