Waterproof D3 Ergo Drysuit Gear Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought this suit mostly on your advice, thanks. I was born in Sweden so maybe i was drawn to it as well. It's a lot of suit for the money coming with the ring system and pockets already installed. It also comes with a spare set of silicone seals all around.

My previous drysuit was an Apollo crushed neoprene in medium that went to one of my kids. I just glued new seals into it for him.

12 weeks lead time to get a DUI wasn't something i was interested in as i wanted to dive something soon. The D3 was available immediately. I ordered one in medium. I was unsure whether to order a large based on the size table but I'm glad i didn't. I'm 5'10" but skinny at 140lb. It's plenty roomy in all directions. I probably need to grow a belly actually to fill it out.

The boots are larger than the Apollo which were a bit tight. I wear an 8.5-9 shoe. The D3 boot is a bit big and certainly very wide. I managed to do a couple dives with my jet size large but it was agonizing and my feet were crushed in the folds. The large jets just barely work with the Apollo and fine with most wetsuit booties but we all know the odd sizing of jets. So xl jets are in order and do fit those D3 boots. Medium Avanti quattro's don't fit either but medium Apollo biofins fit the D3 great in case you are into splits. It will take some sorting to get that right for me snug and comfortable.

I also ordered the X2 undergarments and they make the SoCal 50s water feel tropical! I'm plenty warm on beach dives in my Bare 7mm semidry though the D3 is a big step up even from the apollo and suited for a long doubles dive.

I like the adjustable dump valve where the Apollo only had on-off-manual. It is technically self donning and doffing as they claim but you'd better be flexible. The zipper helps being plastic like my semi dry that slides easy compared to the steel one one the Apollo. Still better to get help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom