Waterproof case for phone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have something to recommend? Not looking to take pics underwater but would be nice to take iPhone diving in case we have car trouble or an emergency.

Thanks!

I use Kona for iPhone6+ down to 104’ without any problem, but not for iPhone. I used it for my PLB1. I’m too chicken to take my iPhone underwater.

Kona Submariner Plus Size Universal Waterproof Phone Case, Cell Phones with Passport Up to 7.2" Diagonal - Water Clear

A2071922-AEFD-4675-BB8A-D904496F35B3.jpeg
7E8135DD-B2DF-4DCE-A5BC-99509CF1A949.jpeg

I've used something similar only in the Aquapac brand-
Aquapac Small Whanganui Electronics Case (348) AQUA-348 B&H
I've never put a phone in one but I use it for my wallet and car keys etc.
I've mentioned them a number of times in forums and said it has never leaked, which isn't entirely true.
One time I didn't close it properly and the flap that seals it had a little fold in it and I had some moisture inside when I got back to the vehicle. It wasn't the fault of the case, it was user error. Other than that I've had it down to about 110', and 60'-80' a bunch, and never had it leak. I mention the one leak as I do have faith in them, you just have to be careful when closing it.

Watershot makes a variety of underwater housings for different models/brands of phones, see link below, to allow use as an UW camera. I know that the OP is not interested in using his phone to take pictures; but an UW camera housing, designed specifically for your phone, may be the safest option.

iPhone 6(S)

Last edited:
I have a concern that the "bag" style cases allow pressure to be transferred to the device. Think of squeeze you feel in a drysuit vs. a wetsuit.

Yeah was thinking hard case.

Watershot makes a variety of underwater housings for different models/brands of phones, see link below, to allow use as an UW camera. I know that the OP is not interested in using his phone to take pictures; but an UW camera housing, designed specifically for your phone, may be the safest option.

iPhone 6(S)

I thought about this but cases for 7 plus are pricey.

I checked into this once and suggest you read/interpret your Apple Care warranty if you still have one as it seemed they excluded water damage from covered repairs.

If you don;t plan to use it u/w there may be something mentioned here you can adapt. Theft and Diabetes Gear

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom