Waterproof brand - any comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive both the 7 mm (Aries) combined with the 5mm hooded vest (Libra) as well as their 3 mm (Capri). I have dove the 7 mm combiend suit down to 42 degrees comfortably and the only time that I really notice the cold is when I am spending extended periods of time down at 90+ feet. Currently two of our instructional staff dive these suits even when doing open water certifications and are comfortable. The other instructors don't understand it (all others are in dry suits) but for the pricing difference between the suits I just can't justify upgrading from this setup now that I am in it at this time. Also, like DEW said, their suits do dive warmer then other suits in their class (aka the 3mm is closer to a 5mm) the reason being the use of the roll over seals in the wrists/legs which help trap the water. The only place I ever really feel any water enter on my suit is along my spine through the zipper, if properly fitted these are great suits. As far as the integrity, I have over 100 dives on the suit in the last year and of those 30 dives were working with open water students in an area littered with oyster shells (All of our dry suit diving instructors have had to put kevlar kneepads in place) and my knees have held up extremely well. For a diver looking to not go into a dry suit due to price this is a great option in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom