Waterford caves.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Celt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Doing a bit of exploring yesterday at an entrance close to the Finisk river a tributary of the Blackwater. Unexplored limestone system is thought to extend 12 miles from Cappaquin to Dungarvan. In 1928 Bristol Speleological Society under E. K. Tratman surveyed a site at Kilgreany about 2 miles from where i was. A skeleton of a woman ( A ) was found in Neolithic earth. Below this another hearth was found in which were the remains of animals which would have lived in this area during the Ice Age, reindeer, brown bear, artic lemming and Irish Elk. Near this layer skeleton ( B ) was found with the bones of Ice Age animals. Tratman believed he found the first evidence of man in Ireland. The Kilgreany skeletons were submitted to the British museum for dating, skeleton A was dated 2630 + 150 B.C. - Neolithic period. Skeleton B was thought to be in fact older than 9,000 years B.C. and date from the Stone Age. As well as A and B twelve other individuals were found.

Attachments

• cave4.jpeg
    cave4.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
  • mac 1_00001.jpg
    mac 1_00001.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 66
  • mac 1_00001_01.jpg
    mac 1_00001_01.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 55
That's cool. Yesterday on Tubi, I streamed the Rescue 117 series for the first time about helicopter search and rescue based out of Waterford. I had never given a thought to Waterford, Ireland, other than the crystal. Now, in less than 24 hours, Waterford pops up in two areas of interest.

That's cool. Yesterday on Tubi, I streamed the Rescue 117 series for the first time about helicopter search and rescue based out of Waterford. I had never given a thought to Waterford, Ireland, other than the crystal. Now, in less than 24 hours, Waterford pops up in two areas of interest.
Thank you for highlighting the work of rescue 117 in Waterford. They do fabulous work for the people in the South East and beyond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom