Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willmann_nc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're leaving tomorrow and want to leave the wet suit at home... what have water temps been?

Thank you.
Terry

We're leaving tomorrow and want to leave the wet suit at home... what have water temps been?

Thank you.
Terry

I was in Cozumel from March 20th to 30th. Water temps consistently 79 F and 80 F :D

I was wearing my full 3 mm suit, and we had one member of our group wearing shorts and t-shirt. His dives averaged 30 to 35 minutes, while mine averaged 60 minutes. Not sure if it was his air consumption or him getting cold, but personally I would wear some exposure protection. :idk:

Hope this helps !!

Divegoose

We were in Cozumel from March 27 - April 7. Water temps consistently 74 - 76 as indicated by all 4 of our computers. We all had 3mm shorties. I wished at about the 45 - 50 minute mark that I had a 3mm full.

I am there right now water temp is 81f and I have been doing 1.5-2.5 hr dives with t-shirt and shorts

We were in Cozumel from March 27 - April 7. Water temps consistently 74 - 76 as indicated by all 4 of our computers. We all had 3mm shorties. I wished at about the 45 - 50 minute mark that I had a 3mm full.
Sounds more like the air temp than the water! It was 79-80 in February.

We were in Coz last week and the water temps were ranging from 77 - 81 degrees. We had our 3mm full wetsuits and for two dives they were fine. Some days we did four dives and ended up being rather cold by the 4th dive if we didn't have enough time to dry off and warm up between the 2nd and 3rd dive. There were people on our boat with just swimsuits on and they wished they had wetsuits.

Sounds more like the air temp than the water! It was 79-80 in February.

I wish.
I should have said the temp was indicated by 5 computers. The DM's showed the same.
Yes, I read about the warm temps in Jan and Feb. and thought that we'd see 80+.
We dove from Columbia Deep to Paradise for our night dive.

I wish.
I should have said the temp was indicated by 5 computers. The DM's showed the same.
Yes, I read about the warm temps in Jan and Feb. and thought that we'd see 80+.
We dove from Columbia Deep to Paradise for our night dive.
Very unusual temps for Cozumel. We dove Key Largo 2 weeks ago with temps like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom