Water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phillipus2005

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any reliable (personal experience) of the red sea water temperature in November (1st and 2nd week) around BDE?

Trying to find information online but figures range from 18-30 degrees (seatemperature.org, watertemperature.org, scubaboard etc etc)

Any insights from personal experience very welcome...

Thanks in advance

I am just back from diving that area. Minimum temperatures ranged from 25 to 28 Celsius. In a couple of weeks I would expect that to drop by a degree or two. So pretty much inline with Mod63. Coldest site was the Brother at 25/26. Daedalus was 26/27. Rocky, Zabagard and St Johns were 27/28.

So what do you plan to prepare?

I would go with a 5 mm full suit, plus 3 mm hooded vest, just in case.

Thanks @drk5036 - thinking sharkskin full-suit, maybe with 3mm shortie over the top... I tend not to get too cold

Keep in mind that although water temperatures seem mild, on the boat it is usually quite windy and it can feel quite cold. Prepare accordingly

Thanks @drk5036 - thinking sharkskin full-suit, maybe with 3mm shortie over the top... I tend not to get too cold
You would be really, really cold if this is al you prepared I think. And diving cold isn’t pleasant. For one or two dives it might be enough, but on a liveaboard with the amount of diving you’ll be doing, you’re going to run into a problem I think.

I was in Okinawa in April and the ocean temp was 22-23. I wore a drysuit and everyone else was in 5 mm wetsuits. They thought I was crazy. I was the only person not shivering after two dives.

Thanks @drk5036. You may be right... I've onlly ever done lievaboards in warmer waters. I never dive with a 5mm... may go and get myself a full 3mm though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom