Water temp Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally decided to stay at Mike's Resort. It was a nice resort and the food selection was really good. They had something for everyone; even I was okay and I'm a picky eater.

Even if you don't like the food at Mike's or want to try something different, there were a lot of small places around. The manager, Nic, was really cool about pointing other places to go. He didn't want to make me feel trapped on the resort it seemed. At one point the guy who fills the tanks was going somewhere and then back to the resort, so I just grabbed a ride with him to Dauin, bought some stuff to take back to the resort, he waited for me then we head back to the resort.

My dive buddy, Max, tried to book a room last minute but it was high season. So he ended getting a cheaper place with no restaurant around 10 minute walk to Mike's. He just walk to Mike's in the morning and have breakfast with me.

Additionally, you can rent a scooter for something like 250 pesos a day.

Finally, I met someone who worked at the resort. She had a scooter and took me for a ride to Dauin.

Basically, Philippines is a friendly place. Talk to people and they'll take care of you. :)

Back
Top Bottom