Water stuck in My ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man if I had water in my ear for more than a day I would go crazy. Kinda like Kramer in the last Seinfeld episode. If the commercial or home-made ear dry stuff does not get it out then I would have to break down and get a Doc to take a look. The last thing I would want is a nasty ear infection.

Isopropyl is what is used in Rubbing, but they sometimes add other stuff you might not need or want to what they call “Rubbing Alcohol”, but not always. Sometimes what is called Rubbing Alcohol is simply 70% Isopropyl and 30% water. I usually get the 99% Isopropyl, which still often times says Rubbing. Just make sure whatever you get does not add other stuff for Rubbing like witch hazel or mint or some other compound you might not like in your ear.

Charlie99:
If you look at the label on most bottles of rubbing alcohol, you will see that the contents are 70% isopropyl alcohol, 30% water. The isopropyl alchohol from most drugstores is 90 or 93% isopropyl alcohol with the last few percent being water. So it doesn't really matter which one you use, particularly since the white vinegar is 95% water, with a few percent acetic acid.

I don't add peroxide because it is too irritating, while others swear by it. Your choice.

As for the original poster, I'd stay away from the peroxide since he may have the beginnings of an outer ear infection and IMO the peroxide woudl be too irritating.

LUVTURTLE --- be sure to pop back in and fill us in on what you tried and how it worked, once everything settles down.

Thanks for the info. I have a bottle of isopropyl at home and always have vinegar to clean the fish coolers, so i'll have to mix some up and try it maybe i'll stay away from peroxide then. Its just the regular white vinegar you use right??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom