Water in my Tech.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How much water is normal to be in my Tech after a five? I know it depends on use but what's normal?

What is normal depends not on the bc but how much weight you are carrying. If you are under weighted and continuously trying to vent the bc it is naturally going to have water forced into it. If you are getting a lot of water in the bc you need to look at your weighting and technique before looking at the bc. Also are you venting in a horizontal or vertical position? If vertical then there is even more chance for water to get into the bc. Try adjusting your weights the way you should have been shown in your OW class and get horizontal. Divers do not dive vertical. and when dumping air there should be no reason to be constantly dumping. Properly weighted you will use only small bursts adding or venting. I rarely have more than a few ounces in any rig if any at all.

OK I feel better, I end up with about a half a cup in it. Not to bad but something to work on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom