water in bc????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK here is the question. i have a ranger ltd "i love it its not like its even on when I'm in the water." but Ive noticed that i cant get all the water out of the bladder. so does anyone have a good idea on how to remove water for storage 5 to 6 months? a little back story is that i am getting back in to diving and i was use to a mary jane and a back plate didn't have all this fancy stuff when i learned how to dive.

on a side note zeagle really out did there self with the ranger BC its like a rolls royce of bc's if i want tech Ive got it and if i want to to a sport dive Ive got it. god i sound like the sale's rep for ranger.:D

I have the BX inflator so what I do is remove it, flush it good, then hang it upside down from a convenient d-ring. Since it's now open, the water mostly runs out. Remove both pull dumps and it dries within a day. (in Arizona...lol).

Does your BC have the Bx inflator system? If so, just unscrew the inflator and turn the BC upside-down and the water should run right out of the corrugated hose.

Thanks,

Scott

should i use a treatment for the bladder when storing or just a good rinse? will chlorine hurt the bladder? i have chlorinated drinking water. witch i think we all do

i just want my investment to last me for many years with little or no problems. i don't want to have to replace the bladder every year that i bring it out of storage.

Chlorinated drinking water is fine. If you want to use a BC treatment solution when storing it for the winter, feel free...it can't hurt.

The main thing is to make sure it is well cleaned and allow it to dry completely. Once that is done, I would also suggest partially inflating the bladder when you store it.

Thanks,

Scott

Use the BC Wash that they sell in your LDS. It contains Noxinyl 9 (sp?). It's the same product they use in spermicide. Then rinse well and dry, as stated in the other posts. Puting a small amount of air in the bladder for storage is a good idea.

Safe diving to you.

Use the BC Wash that they sell in your LDS. It contains Noxinyl 9 (sp?). It's the same product they use in spermicide. Then rinse well and dry, as stated in the other posts. Puting a small amount of air in the bladder for storage is a good idea.

Spermicide? How would one know?

Spermicide? How would one know?

My one dive buddy is a Pharm rep.

Chlorinated drinking water is fine. If you want to use a BC treatment solution when storing it for the winter, feel free...it can't hurt.

The main thing is to make sure it is well cleaned and allow it to dry completely. Once that is done, I would also suggest partially inflating the bladder when you store it.

Thanks,

Scott

A quick related question for Scott.
I have a Scout with Octo-Z.The Octo-Z manual recommends storing the Octo-Z with your primary reg "attached to the inflator hose and 1st stage".No problem except that the bladder will no longer hold air with the Octo-Z removed.So how do I "plug" the corrugated hose in order to store the bladder partially inflated?I have tried a few DIY options but can't find a "plug" that seals well enough and will not damage the fitting.

OP-Sorry to veer a bit off topic a bit,but I thought it too closely related to merit another thread.

A quick related question for Scott.
I have a Scout with Octo-Z.The Octo-Z manual recommends storing the Octo-Z with your primary reg "attached to the inflator hose and 1st stage".No problem except that the bladder will no longer hold air with the Octo-Z removed.So how do I "plug" the corrugated hose in order to store the bladder partially inflated?I have tried a few DIY options but can't find a "plug" that seals well enough and will not damage the fitting.

OP-Sorry to veer a bit off topic a bit,but I thought it too closely related to merit another thread.

thank you that was my next question. you beat me to it.:D

Back
Top Bottom